This month we catch up with Edyta who is Head Receptionist at Skene House Holburn. Edyta has been part of our team for almost four years.
1. How would you describe Skene House to people who haven’t stayed here before?
Skene House, with its three different locations offers the ideal city accommodation that can suit all tastes. It’s a place where guests enjoy the luxury of home-from-home comforts.
2. What’s the strangest request you’ve ever received?
We do receive a lot of odd requests from the guests – so it’s difficult to surprise us! The most recent one was from a guest who asked me to email him all of his invoices from the last two months even though he had been emailed them already. He said he gets so many emails every day he couldn’t be bothered looking through them all!
3. What does good customer service mean to you?
Good customer service is treating guests with a friendly, helpful attitude and a willingness to assist them to the best of our ability.
4. What’s the best thing about your job?
Getting to meet new people and making their day a bit better. It’s all about the guests and making their stay special.
5. When you’re not at Skene House where are you likely to be found?
I spend my spare time with my daughter so most likely we can be found in one of Aberdeen’s many parks or playgrounds.
6. What is your top tip for something to see or do in Aberdeen and the surrounding area?
I would recommend visiting Duthie Park – it’s a lovely park by the river with a huge winter gardens. There is also the Footdee area that is worth visiting. It’s a former fishing village with clusters of charming cottages.
For the Aberdeenshire area, my top ‘must see’ is Dunnottar Castle, perched high on a sea cliff. While there, you cannot miss the beautiful costal village of Stonehaven.